Timeline, Meetings and Documents

Global Gala Agenda

Apr 4, 2016

3 Weeks Out!!

 

Food and Drink – WE DON’T HAVE ENOUGH FOOD!!!!!!!

  • Lori to check with a few Shortridge parents to see if they want to donate/participate.
  • Brew Pub to donate bread and cheese – Thank you Beth!
  • I talked to Craig at the Bent Rail. He said the best way to get the food donated is to go through the distributors. I have contacted Sysco and Piazza about this. Piazza is in and Sysco is interested but not sure yet. They give free food to the restaurant and then the restaurant cooks it and brings it to the event. The restaurants can also serve it at a table they set up with their signage. I will contact other distributors. Any other restaurant ideas? Do we have any parents that work at any of the food distrubutors? Sysco, Delco, McFarling, US Foods?
  • Rebecca has asked LaPiedad and is working on contacting India Garden
  • Getting water and soda through our new contract with Coke. It will cost little $.
  • We are doing great in the alcohol department! Easley Winery will donate 6 cases of wine, which should cover 250 people. Meredith Easley will have a freshman at SHS next year. I think they will also donate 2 wine baskets to auction. I also asked for more bottles of wine for a wine pull
  • Bill will donate 2 cases of spirits.
  • Crown will donate 2 spirits basket and wine for a wine pull. The BR Brew Pub will donate 2 kegs and Beth is working on getting more.

Tickets & Communication

  • Need sell tickets!
    • SHS Website Banner – Lori
    • New Parents – still waiting on the updated new parent email list
    • Community email sent 3/21
    • Paper forms sent with report cards
    • School Events to sell tickets:
      • April 7 @ PIT DAY – Gean and Sonja? Maxine 4-6
      • April 19 Crayons & Beer – Lori
    • Work with parents who have obstacles to attend.
    • Meg is getting 300 cups printed. Costs $200. Each person will get one with their entry ticket.

Raffle/Silent Auction

  • A lot of local companies require online solicitation too. Google “Indianapolis Donation Request” and lots of companies will come up.   Or, go to a business website and search “donation request”. It’s super easy.
  • Set up – We will borrow display items for the silent auction and raffle from 84. Let’s see what we have and possibly also borrow from Sidener… Need to do this soon so we can budget for anything that we need to buy. Lori to also ask Char Ottinger to help with this.
  • SHS items to auction/raffle – Need to write detailed descriptions for these:

Behind the scenes tour

Private basketball court?

Movie screening

Birthday Party at SHS

Dress Mr. ODay for a day

Season athletics pass

Mr. O’Day to help with college essay

Mr. O’Day to make phone calls to universities?

Any other ideas?

 

WINE PULL

  • Getting wine donated from Easley and Crown
  • Price? $10

Slideshow

  • Who will create the slideshow. Include Donors, photos of kids etc.
  • Does SHS have a projector we can use?

Teacher Donations

  • I had an idea before break… How about we have teachers create a short page of a description of an item or supplies they need for a project, like they do on donor’s choose) and people can pledge donations to those specific items. The description and pledge sheet will be mixed in with the silent auction items. Too much?

Organization, Flow, Schedule During the Event

  • Need to figure this out….
  • Check in process
  • Check out process
  • Sonja to check on using square vs. paypal to accept cc that night
  • NEED TO GET VOLUNEERS LINED UP
  • Shane will speak
  • Gawdzik will MC

Décor

  • Marie Lowe, Deb and who else was working on this? Jody?
  • I think we will be able to start at 11 a.m.
  • Inside and outside?
  • O’Day said he would buy table clothes. Meg is sourcing them.
  • We have 25 60” round tables to cover from IPS
  • We have 15 rectangular tables to cover from IPS
  • We have ?? chairs from IPS
  • Sonja to check on rectangular tables that the BOC has for us to use for silent auction/raffle/food and check in/out
  • The tables and chairs will be delivered to SHS on Friday. We will have to get them to BOC Saturday.

Music

  • Al Hoffman, SHS teacher – guitar and singer
  • Sharon Rimmer, SHS parent – Singer
  • Any one else?
  • Playlists – BOC can play CD’s on their sound system.

Photographer

  • Not having an official photographer. Mark Schullenberger and/or Ms. Carlson can take pictures? Lori to ask?

Thank You

  • We need to start sending thank you’s out on social media now… Meg? I have a few logos
  • Did we decide on the little thank you coupon book?
  • Send paper thank you notes to volunteers, community members, donors and sponsors
  • Thank you notes on all social media sites to everyone
  • Thank you notes and links to donor and sponsor websites on our site
  • Thank you notes via managebac to volunteers
  • Page of donors and sponsors in the yearbook – Lori, who is the yearbook person? Need to know the deadline to submit.

Financial/Legal work:

  • Separate bank account for raffle and alcohol? Beth
  • Excise – Beth,
  • Insurance – Beth, Sonja

Meeting Schedule Global Gala Committee:

Apr 7 (Thr) – PIT Day 4:00-7:00 PTSA to provide dinner

Apr 14 (Thr)- General PTSA Meeting 6:00 – Global Gala 7:00

Apr 16 (Sat) – Butler Lab School Fundraiser – SHS to babysit 5:30-9:30

April 23 (Sat) – Shortridge High Global Gala

May 2-6 (M-F) – Teacher Appreciation Week

May 5 (Thr)- Debriefing meeting 6:00

May 12 (Thr)– General PTSA Meeting – Elections 6:00

 

Global Gala Agenda

March 3, 2016

7 Weeks Out!!

 

Goals:

  • Strengthen the existing SHS community, have fun and reach out and develop relationships with our surrounding community.
  • Raise $10,000 (what to do with the money raised is still undecided)

Tickets & Communication

  • Need a plan on how to sell tickets.
    • SHS Website Banner – Lori
    • SHS PTSA Website – Sonja
    • SHS Facebook, Twitter and Insta – Lori
    • SHS PTSA Facebook – Sonja, Meg, Beth created an event
    • New Parents – I have addresses and emails of those who have accepted – Sonja to send an Mailchimp invite
    • Need other community members/partners to invite from SHS admin – Lori, will you get SHS people to do this? Started a google doc, but you can just email them to me. (Butler, 917 sports, Joseph Maley, Butler, etc…)
    • Paper sales – Sonja to make an order form to send out with students
    • School Events to sell tickets:
      • Mar 10 @ Paper Tigers – Sonja and Gean?
      • Mar 16 @ Student Expo – Gretchen?
      • April 7 @ PIT DAY – Gean and Sonja
      • April 19 Crayons & Beer – Lori
    • Work with parents who have obstacles to attend.
    • Meg is getting 300 cups printed. Costs $200. Each person will get one with their entry ticket. Sonja needs to email her a black and white version of the logo.

Raffle/Silent Auction

Update

  • We will have raffle items and just call them “games.” Buy a bumper sticker and get so many raffle tickets. Buy extra cup, or other SHS gear and get raffle tickets????
  • Having trouble with our EIN #, need to use the Indiana PTA # which is 35-0923053 – Indiana Congress of Parents & Teachers. Need to change this in the ask letter.
  • Update on the list so far – many national deadlines are 6-8 weeks from the event. We are at the 7 week mark. Need to do a big push for those over the next two weeks.

 

  • A lot of local companies require online solicitation too. Google “Indianapolis Donation Request” and lots of companies will come up.   Or, go to a business website and search “donation request”. It’s super easy.

 

  • We decided not to do games since we had such a small committee. Lori will ask teachers if they want to plan some games to go with the raffles or just have some for fun.

 

  • Set up – We will borrow display items for the silent auction and raffle from 84. Let’s see what we have and possibly also borrow from Sidener… Need to do this soon so we can budget for anything that we need to buy. Lori to also ask Char Ottinger to help with this.

 

  • SHS items to auction/raffle – Need to write detailed descriptions for these:

Behind the scenes tour

Private basketball court?

Movie screening

Birthday Party at SHS

Dress Mr. ODay for a day

Season athletics pass

Mr. O’Day to help with college essay

Mr. O’Day to make phone calls to universities?

Any other ideas?

 

 

Food and Drink

  • Lori to check with a few Shortridge parents to see if they want to donate/participate.
  • Brew Pub to donate bread and cheese – Thank you Beth!
  • I talked to Craig at the Bent Rail. He said the best way to get the food donated is to go through the distributors. I have contacted Sysco and Piazza about this. Piazza is in and Sysco is interested but not sure yet. They give free food to the restaurant and then the restaurant cooks it and brings it to the event. The restaurants can also serve it at a table they set up with their signage. I will contact other distributors. I have asked Duo’s and St. Elmo’s if they want to participate and haven’t heard back. Any other restaurant ideas? Do we have any parents that work at any of the food distrubutors? Sysco, Delco, McFarling, US Foods?
  • Need to offer non alchoholic drinks also…. Grocery stores? Any other sources/ideas?
  • We are doing great in the alcohol department! Easley Winery will donate 6 cases of wine, which should cover 250 people. Meredith Easley will have a freshman at SHS next year. I think they will also donate 2 wine baskets to auction.
  • Bill will donate 2 cases of spirits.
  • Crown will donate a spirits basket or wagon. Sonja to follow up with them mid-march
  • The BR Brew Pub will donate 2 kegs and Beth is working on getting more.

 

Collaborative Art Project

  • We decided not to do this.

 

Organization, Flow, Schedule During the Event

  • Need to figure this out….
  • Check in process
  • Check out process
  • Sonja to check on using square vs. paypal to accept cc that night

 

Décor

  • Marie Lowe, Deb and who else was working on this? Jody?
  • I think we will be able to start at 11 a.m.
  • Inside and outside?
  • O’Day said he would buy table clothes. Meg is sourcing them.
  • We have 20 72” round tables to cover
  • Sonja to check on rectangular tables that the BOC has for us to use for silent auction/raffle/food and check in/out

 

Music

  • Al Hoffman, SHS teacher – guitar and singer
  • Sharon Rimmer, SHS parent – Singer
  • Any one else?
  • Playlists – Sonja to check on type of sound system that Opera Center has.

 

Photographer

  • Not having an official photographer. Mark Schullenberger and/or Ms. Carlson can take pictures? Lori to ask? Also, Sonja can put up a backdrop so people can take their own “photo booth” type pictures. Confirm that we want to do this.

 

Thank You

  • We need to start sending thank you’s out on social media now… Meg? I have a few logos
  • Did we decide on the little thank you coupon book?
  • Send paper thank you notes to volunteers, community members, donors and sponsors
  • Thank you notes on all social media sites to everyone
  • Thank you notes and links to donor and sponsor websites on our site
  • Thank you notes via managebac to volunteers
  • Page of donors and sponsors in the yearbook – Lori, who is the yearbook person? Need to know the deadline to submit.

 

Financial/Legal work:

  • Separate bank account for raffle and alcohol? Beth
  • Excise – Beth, Sonja
  • Insurance – Beth, Sonja

Global Gala Agenda

Feb 4, 2016

Bring a laptop if you have one, we will make this a working meeting. We’ll try to keep the general PTSA meeting short, so we can get more Gala work done.

We have an opportunity to start selling tickets at depART on the 11th, so we have several things to accomplish this week.

Tickets/ Invitations

  • Karen Steiner will manage the invitation list.  Contact her at karenvista@gmail.com to add someone to the invitation list.  Or, there will be a master spreadsheet in the google docs folder.  We will need guest emails as well as complete street addresses for everyone.
  • Online ticket sales – I’m working on adding a ticket system to our website.
  • Set a sales goal.
  • Set deadlines for earlybird tickets and standard tickets.

Marketing/Communications

  • What time is the event?
  • Gretchen is making a beautiful logo!
  • Need a tagline

Raffle Donations – Local and National – update by Rebecca, Beth and others

  • How much for raffle tickets? (they are 2 inches long)
  • Does group have any businesses to add or claim on the list?
  • There is an ask letter and a donor contract in the Gala Folder in Google docs for everyone to print and use.

Food/Drink – Need to strategize on how to get food donated, start a separate spreadsheet

Entertainment/Music/Photographer – Identify contacts and get them scheduled  Erin Laird?

Decorations/set up/clean up

  • Shane will buy us table clothes, need to get a source and prices.
  • Start a spreadsheet with supplies needed and strategy on how to get the items donated
  • Add to the spreadsheet cost of supplies if they can’t be donated and the place we need to purchase them

Community/Collaborative Art Project

  • Yes or No?
  • Ideas?

Legal Issues:

  • Excise permit
  • Gaming permit
  • Insurance policy

Feb 25 (Thr) – Global Gala Meeting 6:00­

Mar 3 (Thr) – General PTSA Meeting 6:00 – Global Gala Committee 7:00

Mar 16 (Wed) – Global Gala Meeting 7:00

Apr 14 (Thr)- General PTSA Meeting 6:00 – Global Gala Committee 7:00

April 23 (Sat) – Shortridge High Global Gala

May 5 (Thr)- Global Gala debriefing meeting 6:00